24 de junio de 2009

Dog Alert

Several complaints have come in with respect to dog mess, specifically at the gate of one owner. This owner has now threatened to put rat poison down. Although I sympathise with the owner, I don't feel this is the answer. Owners of dogs have the responsibility to clear up after their pets. The majority of pet owners do take this responsibility on board but inevitably there will always be the odd one or two that won't bother. It is a criminal offence to put poison down to discourage the defecation of pets in places where it is unwanted and there will be a denuncia should any dog or cat meet it's demise as a result of this action and proof of the culprit is evident.

Coincidentally another owner came to me asking if I had heard of any dogs being ill as he had spent the weekend at the Vets with his two dogs that were suffering chronic diarrhoea and loss of appetite. It was a costly weekend for him!!!