17 de enero de 2009

Latest update

Following the suspension of Apyme who were acting as Secretary for Mi-Sol, I have asked Peter Hopkins to take over the role and he has very kindly agreed.

Friday 16th January we had a meeting with Rosario and I will post the notes taken.

It was agreed at a committee meeting last year to disenable the shower blocks, it was decided to keep one open as we are legally obliged to provide this facility bearing in mind that technically we are still a 'camping' site; we are not obliged to provide hot water. Therefore it was a surprise for me to be told that Shower block 2 was still functioning with hot water and was being used for ablutions and laundry. I arranged for the boiler to be disconnected and the next day was confronted with an irate owner complaining that he couldn't have a hot shower even though he has this facility in his own property. He offered to pay for the re-wiring of the boiler, I explained that we are all getting a little weary of subsidising those who abuse this facility. If I find that re-wiring has taken place; I will have the boiler removed permanently.

I have had several meetings with Clara and Peter Hopkins as translator, she informed us that her property 610 was not connected to the Mi-Sol electricity system and therefore shouldn't be charged as such. She produced receipts from Iberdrola confirming this, it was also confirmed that this property consists of one house not two as were led to believe. She invited us to inspect the property which was done and it is correct, she only has one house on that plot. I told Clara that the meter would be removed, it has been recording usuage and we need to find out who has been using this. She agreed and the meter was removed yesterday. Who will come knocking at the door I wonder.

At the open forum last Tuesday it was mis-informed that Lucas is being paid out of petty cash for the gardening work he has been doing, this is not true, I have credited their account with 150 Euros for November on the understanding that they maintain regular monthly payments. It has not been agreed to credit their account every month. Lucas has been working on his own volition to which we are grateful as the park is looking a lot cleaner and tidy.

There has also been the misconception that monthly payments for fees are not acceptable, again this is not true, we welcome payment in any form whether it be monthly or not. It is not necessary to wait for the bills to be distributed, an old bill will suffice and any amount of payment can be made. Please ensure that your plot number is recorded on your bank receipt for our records and to enable us to credit your account.

There has been some true community spirit shown of late and a thankyou is in order; to Bill who cemented a ramp at the bottom gate so that wheel chair owners can use that exit, Jim who made the gaping manhole by the pool safe, the electrician for removing the electric meter and disenabling the boiler, Tony for monitoring the pool pump, saving us a little electricity and Bill our loyal postie who never fails us. Thankyou to those who when called upon man the office and to Pat who has put a lot of hours in getting our database up to scratch.