An owners open forum was held at the bar on Tuesday 13th January and it was pleasing to see that roughly 50 people attended. On Monday I still had not received the information from APYME with respect to owners bills. Considering the fact that they send this information via email and it then has to be checked, printed and sent out it was obviously going to be another two or three days before any bills were out on receipt. Therefore I decided to obtain the information from the Mi-Sol database so that monies could be paid into Banco Popular to cover the next electricity bill due next week. A lot of work has gone into getting our own database up to date. It has been normal after receiving the information from APYME in the past that there were errors which had to be rectified. I ask all owners to bear with us, if you find any discrepancies with your account please make arrangements to return your bill to us and it will be corrected.
In December last year I successfully negotiated with APYME a reduction in their fee to 700 Euros per month. Antonio requested that future payments be made by Standing Order from our bank, I agreed to set this up this month, so it was a surprise to see that on Saturday 10th January, 707.00 Euros had been paid to APYME direct from the bank when I hadn't authorised or signed anything. I called at Banco Popular Monday morning and was told that there must be an old standing order outstanding, I have to dispute this because I am confident that my predecessors did not make such an arrangement. I cancelled the order. I assume the extra 7 Euros is tax this amazes me as we have been paying almost 500 Euros each quarter for their tax!
At the committee meeting held 8th January it was unanimously agreed to suspend the services of APYME until further notice, this has been done and I have posted the letter that has been written to them.